Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bad and Sad Aunt

This Friday, along with my husband and Constantine, I will be meeting one of my nephews for the first time. I realize that this is not terribly unusual but the thing is Aiden is now FIVE years old. How the hell heck did this happen? Can I blame it on just plain life (away in Alaska, a marriage, then babies)? Or have I been absolutely negligent in my duties to visit my sister and her family in Nashville from time to time? Most likely it is the latter and I am terribly ashamed.

However, moving forward I simply cannot wait to meet the big bugger! Further, I am excited to see all of my sister's family.

What is interesting is that I rarely cry but whenever I see her kids and embrace them I bawl like a big, big baby. It is really quite embarressing.

No comments: