Thursday, August 23, 2012

O Captain! My Captain!

Last night, my old high school headmaster passed away after a long battle with cancer.
 
I cannot begin to explain to you how much he and Trivium school changed my life. So much so, I am who I am today because of my eye opening experience in that small town of Lancaster, Massachusetts.
 
He was smart, creative, and faith filled. He was intimidating and just yet loving and calm.
 
He introduced me and my family to the Novus Order Latin Mass, long skirts, classical polyphonic music, theatre, the Abbey, art, architecture, Socratic method, nightly rosary, Gregorian chant, philosophy, Bump Out, Fall foliage, cigars, soccer, wingtips, tweed blazers, Bolton Orchards, Cumberlands, the Virginian Reel, the Catillion, chorus, and Thesis... just to name a few.
 
My 15th year to my 19th year was spent near and around him and I will never ever forget that time nor him.
 
Thank you, Mr. Schmitt.
 
God rest your soul!
 

 
If I had it my way I'd be on a plane right now heading to Boston for his funeral... and would have just left a note (just kidding Pudge, well sort of...)
 

No comments: